Whether you've recently had a tooth extraction or have been missing teeth for many years, you may be a candidate to receive dental implants. Dental implants are becoming an increasingly popular method for replacing missing teeth. In this procedure, titanium supports are surgically fused with your jawbone, and act as an anchor for naturally looking false teeth. Dental implants are not only used for individual tooth replacement but can also be used when replacing multiple teeth as an alternative to dentures.
Advantages of dental implants
- Implants are extremely natural looking
- Fusion of the implants into your jaw make them very stable and comfortable compared to traditional dentures
- Increasing your ability to chew food properly.
- Removing the hassle of dealing with dentures or missing teeth.
- Improving your self-esteem and making you more confident in your smile.
- Saving you money be removing the long-term costs of utilizing other treatment options.
Are there any negatives to implants?
Having implants placed is a relatively simple procedure that involves little pain or discomfort for the patient. In general, if a patient can handle a tooth extraction, implants shouldn't be a problem. Implants that have been properly placed by a qualified professional present a very low risk of side effects and are generally not noticable or uncomfortable in any way. The chances of negative side effects increase when genetic or low-quality implants are used, so it's important to choose an implant with a high success rate. In our office we place Straumann and Nobel Biocare dental implants which are the industry leaders in implantology.
Dental implant costs make peple wary. While it's true that implants aren't cheap, they can pay for themselves over time, especially if a paitent is suffering from tooth or gum problems that requireregular office visits, treatments or medications.
Click on the links below to learn more about Dental Implants:
- Alternative to Missing Teeth or Dentures